The Norwegian Cadetship Scholarship Program is a scholarship which aims to produce cadets required by Norwegian controlled Fleets. This is the 4th time that the club is collaborating for the program in coordination with Norwegian Training Center.
The role of the club is to disseminate information, collect, screen and submit to Norwegian a list of prospective scholars. It shall facilitate the admission examination, arrange for the examination venue and examinees must not be less than 100.
In prior years, only RC Sta Rosa Centro facilitated the program. In 2019 and 2020, RC Metro San Pedro joined the project. In order to open the program to many more locations, RC Sta Rosa Centro enjoined other clubs in the search for scholars. This activity is the 1st step where the presidents of interested clubs were requested to join an orientation.
The scholars who will pass the admission examination shall cover the following :
- Tuition fee for 1st year and 2nd year(note : scholars already have allowances from 3rd year and can pay their own tuition fees)
- Dormitory fee ( Training School is located in Davao)
- Upgrading Trainings/Courses
- Board international vessels during your apprenticesh – OJT with allowance, through the sponsoring company
- 10 Days Structured Shipboard Familiarization