The Norwegian Cadetship Scholarship Program is a scholarship which aims to produce cadets required by Norwegian controlled Fleets. The role of the club is to disseminate information, collect, screen and submit to Norwegian a list of prospective scholars. It shall facilitate the admission examination and arrange for the examination venue.
The scholars who will pass the admission examination shall cover the following :
– Tuition fee for 1st year and 2nd year(note : scholars already have allowances from 3rd year and can pay their own tuition fees)
– Dormitory fee ( Training School is located in Davao)
– Upgrading Trainings/Courses
– Board international vessels during your apprenticeship – OJT with allowance, through the sponsoring company
– 10 Days Structured Shipboard Familiarization
To attain the goals and objectives of the project , the club did the following:
1. April 12 – Norwegian Training Center called PP Mary Gonzales requesting the club to again with them in searching for Norwegian scholars.
2. April 17 – shot a video of 2019 graduates admitted to the scholarship program in 2015, Ezra (magna Cum Laude) and Fiarra. This videoclip will be used during the campaign. Video was taken by Rtn Joseph Alcala and directed by PDG Chit Lijauco.
3. April 29 – signed a Memorandum of Agreement with Norwegian Training Center to delineate the duties and obligations of the parties;
4. June 26 – contacted several other clubs who might be interested to join the project. Got positive reply from RC Metro San Pedro, RC Cabuyao Circle, RC San Pablo South.
5. June 27 – Wrote letter to Department of Education to request for approval for the campaign that will be instituted in national high schools;
6. July 3 – Received approval of Department of Education Region IV-A Calabarzon
7. July 8 – Start of letter distribution to schools scheduling the campaign.
8. July 20 – Start of school campaign. The following schools were covered for the month of July -> Aplaya National Highschool, Santa Rosa Science and Technology Highschool, and Balibago National High School.
9.August 9 – Letter Distribution to Santo Domingo, Pulong Sta Cruz and Don Jose
10. August 13 – Campaign for Sinalhan High School
11. August 19- Campaign for Labas Integrated High School
12. August 30 – Campaign for Santo Domingo National High School
The culminating activity , the scholarship admissions exam administered by Norwegian Training Center assisted by RC Sta. Rosa Centro and RC Metro San Pedro. Exams was held at Santa Rosa Educational Institution in Sta. Rosa City, Laguna last September 7, 2019. A total of 100 students came and 14 passed the examinations.
Good luck to the passers on your journey to become seafarers!!