On June 26, 2013, RC Sta. Rosa Centro held its Club Awarding and Turnover Ceremony pr CTAC at the Sports Bar of El Cielito Inn, Sta. Rosa City. Like other important milestones, RD 3820 VIP’s were invited; among them were IDG Dennis Sunio with Lady Angie and DG Danny Ona.
To make the event extra-memorable, the ever-creative Centro ladies put a twist in the program, lead by program director PP Maya. After the ceremonial opening, the program took a turn, transforming the night into a talk show hosted by Jem. IPP Liza was “interviewed” by Jem about the past rotary year: the challenges, activities and memorable moments. Awardees were presented at the stage and again interviewed by Jem about their thoughts and messages about their awards.
Lively audio-visual presentations peppered the night’s event, eliciting memories from the attendees. Also included were “commercials” or sponsors to keep up with the TV talk show theme.
But the highlight the program was of course, the formal turn-over of the leadership of RC Sta. Rosa Centro. IPP Liza rendered a heart-warming speech about her experience as president and her wishes for the incoming president, followed by the ceremonial hand-over of the Rotary Bell and Gavel. President Doray then gave her acceptance speech.
Then came the most-awaited part of the night: the announcement of the special awards, which were, until that moment, was a big secret. One by one, the awards were announced to the delight of the crowd. What a night! It was more than a buzz, it was a big bang!
Here are the awards:
SPECIAL AWARDS : APPRECIATION TO THE CLUB’S PARTNER INDIVIDUALS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Interact Club of Sta. Rosa Science & Technology HS – represented by its incoming president Danielle Pangilinan
- Mr. Alvin Sta. Maria – adviser, Interact Club of Sta. Rosa Science & Technology HS- he is represented by Hannah Celina Ramos, the VP of the Interact Club
- Khristian G. Kikuchi – dean,College of Information Technology, Malayan Colleges Laguna – for his support to the VOCATIONAL TOUR PROGRAM
- Isuzu Philippines Corporation –represented by Rotarian Myrna Valle- for its support to the Vocational Tour program
- Dr. Virginia M. Alva of Southern Luzon Hospital and Medical Center for her support to the Vocational Tour Program
- Dr. Maria Resa A. Dawana of La Clinica Comfy Dental Clinic- support to the “Good Health makes Healthy Smile” Project
- Analiza “Itchel” O. Maglian- Barangay Macabling Chairman- support to the “Good Health Makes Healthy Smile” Project
- Carmela Tadeo Foundation Inc.- represented by its founder Rtn Carmela Tadeo- support to the “Hatid Kinabukasan” Scholarship Program
- Rotary Spouse Nino Z. Lu- for his dynamic involvement in the club’s various projects & programs
- Hon. Arlene B. Arcillas – City Mayor, Santa Rosa City for her invaluable support & dedication to the ideals of RC Sta. Rosa Centro
PRESIDENTIAL AWARD TO SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIR & CO-CHAIR
- New Generation co-chairperson- Rtn Evelyn “Evs” Laranga
- Community Chairperson – PP Hazel B. Ramos
- Vocational Chairperson – Rtn. Carmela “Mel” Tadeo
- Protocol Officer – PP Zenaida “Zeny” Dictado
- Club Auditor and Club Bulletin Chairman – Rtn Delphi Penelope “Pen” Cuya
- Public Relations Co-chairperson- PP May Grace “Maya” Padiernos
- Membership Director – PP Carolina “Carol” Salvahan
- Club Administration Director – PP Priscila “Precy” dela Cruz
- Service Projects Director – PE Teodora “Doray” Lucero
- The Rotary Foundation Director – PP Mary Ann “Maan” Gonzales
- Public Relations Director – Rtn Arlene B. Arcillas
- International Service and Club Trainor – RPIC/PDG Ursula Consuelo “Chit” Lijauco
- New Generation and Assistant Club Trainor – PP Elenita “Leni” Ma
- Club Secretary – PP Cheryl R. Lu
- Club Treasurer –I PP Jacqueline A. Victoria
- Highest Percenter Award – IPP Jacqueline A. Victoria
- Most Promising Rotarian- Rtn Ma. Cecilia D. Gabatan
- Rookie of the Year- Rtn Myrna A. Valle
- Rotarian of the Year- IPP Jacqueline A. Victoria