1. Photo Contest:
a. Requirements, Rules & Regulations:
- All entries must be sponsored by any Rotary club in District 3820.
- A Rotary club in District 3820 may sponsor more than one entry.
- A contestant photographer may also submit as many photo entries as he/she can.
- Subject must be any moment in any project of the sponsoring club that represents the theme “Changing Lives”
- Entries must be either in b&w or colored
- Entries must be photographed in high resolution, capable of being blown-up to poster size in case entry is short-listed.
- Entries must be submitted in 8-1/2”x11” size
- Each entry must come with an entry fee of Php500 each.
- All entries must be submitted to the Screening Committee of RC Sta. Rosa Centro any time from 15 July 2013 to 15 January 2014.
b. Screening and Judging
- All photo entries will be screened for eligibility by the Screening Committee of RC Sta. Rosa Centro.
- All eligible entries will undergo a pre-event judging to determine 20 finalists by a committee of judges composed of top photographers, print editors, and advertising executives.
- Out of the 20 final entries, the top three winners will be chosen by the same committee of judges.
- The 20 final entries will be blown up to poster size for the exhibit in SM Sta. Rosa from 22-28 February 2014.
- The final judging will be done by the committee of judges on site. The last deciding point will be the X Factor, based on the impact of the photograph in the blown-up exhibit size.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE. To generate more interest and more publicity for the project, a FACE OF ROTARY Facebook page will be created. The 20 final entries will be posted on this site and everyone, Rotarians and non-Rotarians alike, are enjoined to Like or Share their favorites. The Likes/Shares will be counted for the winner of the People’s Choice Award.
2. Photo Exhibit
a. Physical Layout
- The venue will be the exhibit area of SM Sta. Rosa on the ground floor.
- The 20 final entries will be blown up and displayed in panels that will form an exhibit enclosure conducive to viewing by the public
b. Announcement of Winners and Prizes
- The announcement of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners will be made on the last day of the display at SM Sta. Rosa on 28 February 2014.
- Prizes at stake are 20,000 pesos for the 1st prize, 10,000 pesos for the 2nd prize and 5,000 pesos for the 3rd prize, plus other exciting gifts from sponsors.