Project B.E.L (B-Basahin, E- Ekwento, L-Linangin)
Drivers of the Initiative :
- Support the efforts of achieving Sustainable Development Goal # 4 – quality education
- To be one in celebrating Literacy Month – project was launched last Sep 8 which is International Literacy Day
- True passion towards Rotarian Service – Education & Literacy Area of Focus
- Realizing the impact of the pandemic and various community lockdowns to struggling learners.
Activities for Project B.E.L.
- September 13, 2021 – Meeting with Pres Jay-R, PP Maya, PP Evs / Rotakids Sophia and Manu
- September 20, 2021 – Centronians Planning Meeting
- September 22, 2021 – Preliminary Meeting with principals and teachers from School Partners – Santa Ana Elementary School , Soro-soro Elementary School.
- October 5, 2021 – Internal meeting in preparation for the first Session with the students
- October 6, 2021 – Dry-run for the 1st session
- October 6, 2021 – 1st session (Kamustahan). A short session to introduce Rotary and Centro to the kids, plus familiarization with the kids. A short tiktok activity was also held to break the ice.
- October 20, 2021 – Arts and Crafts session with a short story telling activity
- Several more sessions will follow.